[mythtv-users] Itunes 4.6, mfd, mtd, AAC and MythMusic

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 09:45:46 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 03:32, thor wrote:
> On Monday 16 August 2004 11:44 am, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > On that note, if anybody can figure out why I can't get mfe to work
> > with RendezvousProxy, I'd be very grateful.  I'm guessing it's some
> > kind of quirk in the zeroconfig client library (is that part of
> > libopendaap?), since the mfd server works just find (I can see my
> > mfd share with other DAAP clients via the proxy).
>
> 	You probably need to proxy the existence of _mdcap (2344) resources,
> not _daap ones. The mfd speaks daap so it can exchange music with
> anything on .local. But it uses mdcap to talk to an mfe.

I already tried.  Actually, I looked in the mfd/clientlib code and saw
that it's actually looking for _mfdp resources, so I tried that.  Then
I tried proxying _daap, _mdcap, _mfdp, _macp and _mhttp.  No dice.
When I build & run the 'mquery' program in the 'clientlib/mdnsd'
subdir, it detects the all of the proxied services (i.e., "mquery 12
_mfdp._tcp.local."), so I'm guessing it's not a problem with the
network services discovery code.  I guess I'll just poke around some
more.

-JAC