[mythtv-users] Itunes 4.6, mfd, mtd, AAC and MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Aug 17 03:26:59 EDT 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 09:35 am, Nathan Ziarek wrote:

> When in MythMusic, how do you see the music available through iTunes? I
> looked through the ReadMe and the program options, but I just donšt see it.
> Is that a function of my problem above? Once again, just want to make sure
> I am not doing something dumb.

	As Joseph pointed out, you have to make, build, and run mfe. Seriously alpha
code.

> I know mfd is in alpha stage, but I noticed I canšt run mfd and mtd at the
> same time, even after I changed the port number in setup. Does the port
> number need to be changed elsewhere to make these peacefully coexist?

	Easiest thing is to go into setup and change the port number on the mtd to
something well away from 2342. Try 2100'ish.

> Lastly, I tried to enable AAC support using the flag --enable-aacsupport,
> but it errored out on me during make (sorry, I don't have the error text in
> front of me, but can get it if it helps). I assume it is because I don't
> have the proper AAC libraries installed. I've looked, and it seems as if
> the FAAD2 libraries are what I want, but I've installed them to no real
> luck. What type of things need to be installed for aac support?

	You need faad2 libraries installed and you need to manually copy one file.
See the mfd README:

		http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mfd/README?rev=1.15&view=markup

- thor