[mythtv-users] no sound on frontend

Cedric Tefft cedric at phreaker.net
Tue Aug 17 05:55:25 EDT 2004

Craig Tinson wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:06:50 +0100
>Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk> wrote:
>
>CT > anyone any ideas about this?
>CT >
>CT > I have sound working perfectly on the backend.. have checked the archives and theres nothing really about this.. am running frontend locally (not via ssh as someone suggested).. local audio is working fine.. xmms playing radio and mp3's etc etc..
>CT >
>CT > setup is FC2 on backend and frontend.. myth via apt and running through jarod's guide as much as possible..the backend is running perfectly..
>CT >
>CT > not even recorded programs have audio..
>CT >
>CT > anyone any ideas?
>CT >
>CT > thanks
>
>if there's any more info needed to help me solve this.. just let me know.. it's not *really* annoying as I don't really use a frontend.. I just use my desktop to view livetv occasionally..
>if anyones got any ideas? would be appreciated..

Not really giving us much to go on, are you?  What audio hardware do you
have?  What do your audio-related settings in Myth look like?    Are you
using ALSA? Have you tried any command-line tests (aplay, cat, etc.)?
Did you look at mythfrontend's output for error messages or any
audio-related messages?  What output plugin and audio device are xmms
configured for?  Is mythfrontend trying to use the same infrastructure,
or something different?

- Cedric