[mythtv-users] Preparing for HDTV in 2005

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Aug 16 16:42:14 EDT 2004

> Also for cable or satellite, there's a slim possibility that you could
> get a digital stream over FireWire from a set-top box with a FireWire
> port, but in the US (maybe not now, but definitely after July) that
> would probably be limited to 480p or thereabouts.

No firewire for sat signals in the US -- the FCC legislation clearly
applies only to cable providers (please, someone prove me wrong on this).

As for 480p that's fine with me.  I'd only be archiving to dvd, anyway,
and that's as good as I could expect (plus, I don't actually have any
hdtv hardware to view on).

-Chris