[mythtv-users] Mythweb and file stat problem

Terrence Martin tmartin at physics.ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 14 04:31:47 EDT 2004

Cedric Tefft wrote:

> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>>> I am not sure if apache has a file limit size, I cannot find
>>> anything on the apache web site...   Has anyone else seen this?
>>

>> Yes.  The "bug" exists both in php and apache.  If the file is larger
>> than 2G, it just won't work.
>>
> Hmmm... 2 GB is is the max. number of bytes you can get with a
> 32-bit-based filesystem.     I'm no expert, but it sounds like this
> could be fixed by recompiling Apache with some kind of large file
> system option.  Support in the kernel prerequisite, of course.

Well file systems in 2.4 and later have LFS support. XFS for example is
in 9EB, that is ExaBytes.

However from what I have found doing a quick google is that Apache has a
limit of 2GB unless it is compiled with a flag that enables large file
support. The problem is this aparently can break things, or at the least
require recompiling of the apache modules. This is aparently why Redhat
does not apply the change, although some distros do.

A pain in the butt to be honest.

I saw suggestions from the obvious, recompiling apache, to creating a
mime type that would cause an ftp transfer instead of an http transfer.

You could also use split to cut the files, but that does not help for
the mythweb interface.

A possible option might be to run another web server on another port
that is compiled with Large File Support. It would not even have to be
apache, just enough http to copy files. You could then use a re-write
rule to redirect the browers to the other web server if a file with .nuv
was accessed.

The question is what web server to use...a LFS compiled apache is
perhaps larger that is necessary.

terrence