[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag error : Waited 2 seconds for data to

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Aug 14 00:09:22 EDT 2004

(snipped a bunch)

> After processing many many files I now seem to get the following
> messages continually.
> (normally run without arguments)

> MythTV Commercial Flagging, started at Fri Aug 13 14:21:27 2004

> 2004-08-13 14:21:33 Waited 2 seconds for data to become available,
> waiting again...

> No messages in the backend.
> nfs access is fine.

The commercial flagger basically just plays the video and this error is
coming from the RingBuffer.cpp code which reads the file from the backend
server so something is causing the RingBuffer to not be able to read data
whether that's disk/network or backend problems, I don't know.  You'd
likely see the same errors on your frontend if you were trying to watch
a video at the same time.

--

Chris