[mythtv-users] On PVR250 works, now an input question

Terrence Martin tmartin at physics.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 13 21:07:25 EDT 2004

Brad Cox wrote:

> At 7:02 PM -0400 8/13/04, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>
>> It seems this shouldn't be a *really* uncommon need; perhaps Live Video
>
> would be a good thing to add as a default Video Source.
>
> Speaking of addressing common needs, some explanation of the options
> in that screen would help newcomers on the air.
>
> Example: I *still* don't know what the "Tuner" option does. Composite
> input, I understand.  But what the heck is a Tuner input?
>
> I know, TV's have tuners, but we're talking about a bare cable TV coax
> cable here.
>
> Could someone please explain what the tuner input means? Thanks!

The tuner on the PVR250 is the coaxial connector. If you look at your
capture card there is a little silver box. That is a TV tuner. One
capable of tuning in up to 125 channels. It is exactly the same thing as
in your TV. So when the PVR250 option says tuner they are talking about
the coaxial input and the tuning electronics attached to it.  So if you
are attaching your PVR250 to the wall via your coaxial cable you should
be setting the input to Tuner0.

On my bt8x8 card the "tuner" is called "Television", but they are the
same thing, a little silver box that can tune into some set of TV
channel frequencies...

Does that answer your question?

Terrence