[mythtv-users] Re: Re: 1.15.1 and custom frequencies

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Aug 13 18:10:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:20:19PM +0000, Joe . wrote:
> >No, no, it was *wonderful*. I have a system with one -250 and *three*
> >defined cards, and no one seems to want to tell me how to yank them out
> >short of a re-init. How do I get a list of all the tables in the
> >database?
>
> hi jra,
>
> to get a list of tables just do the following:
> $ mysql -u root -p
> $ mysql> use mythconverg;
> $ mysql> show tables;
>
> if you forgot the 'mythconverg' bit (i.e. you couldn't remember the name of
> the myth database) you can just do this to get a list of databases:
> $ mysql -u root -p
> $ mysql> use mythconverg;
> $ mysql> show databases;
>
> like i mentioned in the previous message, to get a list of columns in a
> specific table you would just do the following (e.g. for the channel table):
> $ mysql -u root -p
> $ mysql> use mythconverg;
> $ mysql> describe channel;
>
> hope this is helpful sometime :-)

Yep, that solved my problem.

> >But, my backend still refuses to change the channel before it starts
> >recording something that has been scheduled. It always records on
> >whatever channel I last switched to in the frontend.
>
> sorry eric, i know quite a bit about mysql but am still VERY novice in
> mythtv :-\ i'm sure there's options to fix the tuner on one channel (used if
> you're tuning into your cable/freeview box and then changing channel on the
> external box instead of on the tuner card), maybe you have one of these
> activated accidentally?

He's Eric, I'm Jay.  :-)

[ reads closer ]

Oh, you're replying to both of us in the same message.  There is, in
fact, a facility for using an external channel changer program to
control a cable converter, and locking the associated tuner card on a
channel you've chosen in setup; that sounds like Eric's problem to me,
too.

> (sorry, that comment was probably totally useless!)

IMNSHO, *no* answer is ever totally useless; at least we know our
questions are going out.

I've deleted the spurious cards, and restarted the backend, and it's
behaving a bit better now.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi