[mythtv-users] Re: Re: 1.15.1 and custom frequencies

Joe . japher at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:20:19 EDT 2004

>No, no, it was *wonderful*. I have a system with one -250 and *three*
>defined cards, and no one seems to want to tell me how to yank them out
>short of a re-init. How do I get a list of all the tables in the
>database?

hi jra,

to get a list of tables just do the following:
$ mysql -u root -p
$ mysql> use mythconverg;
$ mysql> show tables;

if you forgot the 'mythconverg' bit (i.e. you couldn't remember the name of
the myth database) you can just do this to get a list of databases:
$ mysql -u root -p
$ mysql> use mythconverg;
$ mysql> show databases;

like i mentioned in the previous message, to get a list of columns in a
specific table you would just do the following (e.g. for the channel table):
$ mysql -u root -p
$ mysql> use mythconverg;
$ mysql> describe channel;

hope this is helpful sometime :-)

>But, my backend still refuses to change the channel before it starts
>recording something that has been scheduled. It always records on
>whatever channel I last switched to in the frontend.

sorry eric, i know quite a bit about mysql but am still VERY novice in
mythtv :-\ i'm sure there's options to fix the tuner on one channel (used if
you're tuning into your cable/freeview box and then changing channel on the
external box instead of on the tuner card), maybe you have one of these
activated accidentally?

(sorry, that comment was probably totally useless!)