[mythtv-users] dvd respecting cutlist

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Fri Aug 13 01:05:45 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:13:52AM -0700, John Sturgeon wrote:
> Jason Werpy wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:00:00 -0500, Rob Nichols <rob at robnet.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Is anyone interested in this?  Is there an easier way?
> >>
> >I would be interested in this.  I'm currently doing commercial cutting
> >by hand.  Automation would be great.
> >

> Another 2 cents added to the discussion.  I'm also in the middle of the
> 'automatic cutlist' thing, and somebody (rightly) brought up the

Looks like amost everybody is doing this at the moment ;-)

> unfortunate reality that the cutlist is not always accurate, and editing
> your source video sight unseen can result in some nasty editing

I tried a few shows by hand with avidemux. Just cutting away the before
and after slack time and not re-encoding (MPEG2 -> MPEG2). I took care
of the fact to start the video with an I-frame. But if I reload the nuv
with a new recordedmarkup, the playback stutters for the first few
seconds :-( Does anybody has an idea what causes this? Mplayer doesn't
have problems with playing the nuv...

Leo.