[mythtv-users] dvd respecting cutlist

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 12 12:43:18 EDT 2004

> Another 2 cents added to the discussion.  I'm also in the middle of the
> 'automatic cutlist' thing, and somebody (rightly) brought up the
> unfortunate reality that the cutlist is not always accurate, and editing
> your source video sight unseen can result in some nasty editing
> mistakes.  An alternate that I am currently doing is taking the cutlist
> and dumping it into an EDL (edit decision list) for mplayer to skip the
> commercials.  That way, if it's wrong, at least they'll still  be there
> for me to see.  This works for me since I view most of my transcoded
> shows using mplayer, but it (obviously) wouldn't work for other folks.

Well, if avidemux2 ever starts working entirely from the command line, I
understand that it's fairly easy to use it to import a cutlist, and then
export a "cut" version without reencoding.

I'll be getting a pvr-250 type card soon, so will be inclined to add a
wrapper utility to go along with nuvexport.  Although I'm still hoping
that mythtranscode will eventually support this ability natively (what
ever happened to that?  I thought that it was nearing completion, and
then never heard another word).

-Chris