[mythtv-users] MythWeather in web interface

Dan Willemsen mythtv at dan.willemsen.us
Thu Aug 12 20:12:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 13:06, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Anyway, as I've stated before, if someone wants to write a mythweather
> module for mythweb, I'd be more than happy to commit the changes.

Well i've done just that, it could be improved extensively (using
Imperial/Metric units, settings, etc.) but I wanted to get a proof of
concept out first. When/if an xmltv-like weather program comes out, I'll
modify this module to use that instead of copying mythweather.

Currently it just uses the database to look up the locale set by each
host, then displays each of the sites. If more than one host has the
same locale set, it only shows one copy. This makes more sense when you
actually see it.

It also shows the radar image as an image tag with the source pointing
directly to the weather.com site.

The patch is here:
http://dan.willemsen.us/patches/20040812-weather.diff

The new files are here:
http://dan.willemsen.us/patches/20040812-weather.tar.gz

Screenshot here:
http://dan.willemsen.us/images/mythweb-weather.png

I also have a few other patches that fix some small problems I've had,
but I'll send those later.

Dan