[mythtv-users] Using mythtv as a plain VCR with xmltv but no broadband connection to internet

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 12 07:21:44 EDT 2004

If you are going to grab for UK program listing(tv_grab_uk_rt), you are in
trouble. The XMLTV has to connect to a website for HTML pages which it
parses to generate XML. Now this leads to a lot of data being downloaded(and
tiny fraction of it being useful), e.g. I have to download 70Mb or more to
get a final XML file of 1.3M for 7 days of program listing.

Which grabber r u going to use?

VJ