[mythtv-users] Using mythtv as a plain VCR with xmltv but no broadband connection to internet

Jimmy Larsson jimmy at jimbo.se
Thu Aug 12 05:44:11 EDT 2004

Hello

Is here anyone who has successfully been running mythtv:s xmltv-grabber
without any broadband connection to internet?

I live in a place where my only internet feed is 56k modem. I want to
build a mythtv-box to use a PPP modem-connection to internet to get the
TV-program data (xmltv). Is this realistic? How often do I want to
connect and get updates? Is once every 24h enough?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards Jimmy
jimmy at jimbo.se