[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX motherboard

JJ van Gorkum job at knowzone.org
Wed Aug 11 15:19:11 EDT 2004

MacNean C. Tyrrell wrote:

> I have looked at the EPIA M10000, has tv-out, but if i do go with the
> pvr-350, i could get the EPIA V10000A yes?  Looks the same just no
> tv-out.  It's about 90 instead of 150-170.  Is the PVR350 tv-out easy
> to set up?  And i'll need a monitor to do the install but after i can
> get rid of the monitor, i would hope so?  Anyways, i'll keep looking,
> just want to verify things.  Oh yea BTW VIAs website says you can get
> the EDEN Esp Processor or VIA C3, which is better?  and how do i know
> which processor it has especially if it's off ebay or something?
> THanks for everyone's help.

The guys at hushtechnologies.com reccomend the following:

via EPIA MII 12000 with a 90 W power supply if you gonna use a PVR350.

I would use the TV-Out on the EPIA board because the TV-Out on the PVR
adapter has (I was unable to enable it) no XV extensions. XV support is
needed if yo want to use Mplayer or Xine. Doing without XV support will
work but stress the processor of the system too much....

If DVD/Mplayer support is not needed -- use the tv-out on the pvr
adapter (it will use the onboard hardware mpeg decoder)

--
JJ van Gorkum                             Knowledge Zone
If UNIX isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem