[mythtv-users] 1.15.1 and custom frequencies

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 11 12:47:03 EDT 2004

Eric Lennon Bowman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, so apologies if I've missed a
> frequently asked question.  I've googled pretty hard, and can't find much.
>
> I'm in Ireland using NTL cable, and it seems to have its own funky
> frequencies, defined here:
>
> http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/frequency.html
>
> These don't seem to match to any "freqid's".

I had a look at the frequencies on the website above and if you look in
[mythsourcedir]/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c they seem to match up to
the "pal_ireland" table in there

e.g.
from the website:
Channel 4 = 56MHz

from frequencies.c
A3 = 56000

So... I think you need use the pal_ireland table (in mythtv setup? I
can't remember where this is set). I had to manually type in the
frequency ids that I was using (I used mythweb for this)

Cheers,
Michelle