OT: Composite/Component [was Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Image quality, what effects it?]

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Aug 10 19:16:03 EDT 2004

Answer in simple terms below:

Dr NoName wrote:

>ok, stupid question:
>what's the difference between composite and component?
Composite is a single cable with RCA connectors.  Component has three 
cables labeled Y, Pr, Pb (the connectors are usually, if not always, 
green, red, and blue) also using RCA connectors.

>My TV has only one set of (red, white, yellow) inputs
>for (left, right, video). What's that one called?
Composite.  The composite video signal is on the cable that plugs into 
the yellow connector.  Your right and left audio go through the red and 
white connectors.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list