[mythtv-users] FTA Satellite Receivers

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 10 13:46:15 EDT 2004

> Yes but, there are only a handful of Free to Air channels on the Dish
> satellites, you can find them here
> http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html
> the F with the box around it means FTA.

Looks like all/most of those are music channels, too.

> Most dish channels are encrypted, and it's illegal to decrypt them.

Yup, that's what I figured.  Not interested in pirating tv, was just
hoping there might be a way to get a pure digital signal into my myth box.

> Some providers use the standard DVB, which works with a DVB-S card,

so basically, I'd need to find a different satellite to point the dish
at, and buy my own receiver array to mount onto the dish.  Too much
work.  heh.

-Chris