[mythtv-users] MythDVD keybindings

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 17:31:38 EDT 2004

At 14:10 09/08/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>I never did manage to get mythtv to just work with
>lirc, so I'm running irxevent. My question is twofold:
>
>1. What do I need to do to make mythtv work with lirc
>without irxevent? (yes, I did compile it with lirc
>support but it does nothing)

You need a properly configured "keymap" for your remote control in
~/.mythtv/lircrc to control MythTV

>2. If that's not possible, how can I use lirc to
>control 2 different applications with different
>keybindings?

Almost all apps that support lirc natively (mplayer and Xine for example)
read their config information from ~/.lircrc. MythTV is a special case, as
it uses it's own custom lircrc as shown above.

I've not tried it myself (my ~/.lircrc is for xine only, as it's all that's
used on this system), but I imagine you can put multiple entries in it for
different programs like so:

begin
         prog = xine
         button = CH+