[mythtv-users] mythdvd / remote trouble

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 9 17:26:23 EDT 2004

Dr NoName wrote:

> First, when I try to play a movie with mythdvd, the
> movie window starts in the background, so I can hear
> the sound but no picture. How can I fix this?

Don't know this one - I use xine, but there is probably an option for
mplayer to fix this.

> Second, mythdvd uses mplayer which has totally
> different keybindings, so the remote doesn't work. How
> can I get around that? I am planning to build a
> dedicated media box, so ideally, it should require no
> keyboard.

For starters, mplayer probably uses ~/.lircrc rather than
~/.mythtv/lircrc. I use a soft link to link the two. Then you need to
put some commands into your lircrc to cater for mplayer - e.g.

begin
prog = mplayer
button = Skip
config = seek +600
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = Yellow
config = w
end

You can probably find links to full mplayer configs if you do a google.

Michelle