[mythtv-users] Pundit

Erwan Arzur erwan at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 02:23:33 EDT 2004

Scott wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2004, at 11:08 PM, Larry Compton wrote:
>

>> - All of the pictures I have seen show the Pundit
>> sitting upright. Can it sit horizontally without
>> compromising the cooling? I want to place it in an
>> entertainment center.

Be aware that the newest Pundit(-R) comes with an integrated all-in-one
ATI chipset which is only supported with recent Linux kernels.

I had to upgrade almost everything after installing Mandrake Linux 10,
and my setup is not very stable (i get oops at shutdown time on a
regular basis), the tv-out does not work with XFree (did not try Xorg
yet), the network adapter needs several consecutive soft reboots before
the kernel module detects it adequately, etc etc ...

I would not suggest the pundit-R for building a mythtv based PVR yet.

kernel 2.6.8rc2
ivtv 0.1.10pre2-ck100w
alsa 1.0.5 (ati ixp support from 1.0.3 only)