[mythtv-users] Pundit

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Mon Aug 9 00:18:32 EDT 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 11:08 PM, Larry Compton wrote:

> - All of the pictures I have seen show the Pundit
> sitting upright. Can it sit horizontally without
> compromising the cooling? I want to place it in an
> entertainment center.

No problems here. I have mine on it's side fan vent up. Be aware that
the bottom edge where you remove the foot is sheet metal, you may want
to cover it with something for esthetics.  Be sure to leave about 2"
above the unit for the fan vent.

> - Is the 200W power supply adequate for a 200GB disk
> drive, DVD-ROM, and PVR-350 (in addition to the
> motherboard, of course)?

Hmm. I have mine with a 120GB, DVD-ROM, and an old Pinnacle WinTV card.
I haven't seen any hardware issues. (2.8Ghz P4, 512MB RAM, onboard
video and sound)

--
Scott