[mythtv-users] choosing an archive format for recordings

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Aug 8 09:15:22 EDT 2004

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Leo Weppelman wrote:
> The biggest 'problem' with avidemux is that it heavily relies on the gui.
> Even when I use it to generate the index file, the gui and the status
> windows pop-up. This makes it next to useless for making a drop-in script
> for mythtranscode...

 	The command-line part of avidemux2 says that it dismisses all dialog
boxes with the default.  When I fire it up that way, things pop up and down on
the screen, but it never waits for you to do anything.  I use this line in the
a batchindexing script:

#Set to 0xc0 for MP2 audio in PVR-[23]50 capture
AUDIO_STREAM=c0
avidemux2 --index-mpeg $base.nuv $base.nuv.idx $AUDIO_STREAM  --quit

> It _does_ get the job done though. I exported the nuv+sql and did the
> cutting and re-created on mpeg2 file. I rebuild the recordedmarkup
> table from the avidemux index file and shoved it all back into myth. The
> only thing that is not correct is the total-time in the videoplayer although
> I did change the endtime and the filename to reflect the shorter time. Funny
> thing is that in watch-recordings the duration is correctly displayed....
>
> I'm unsure on how to proceed though. I don't feel qualified to stuff the
> mpeg2 code from avidemux in mythtranscode. I never mangled mpeg2 files
> before :-/
>

> Leo.

 	I agree.  Avidemux seems to work, but it's not completely friendly as a
command-line tool.

-Cory