[mythtv-users] PVR350 Composite for dummies

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 7 23:20:57 EDT 2004

James Pifer wrote:

>Closer now. I can switch to Composite 0, but all I get is a blank
>screen. I 'assume' on the 350 that the Composite Input is 0.
>
>In the capture card setup the 'Default input' is Tuner 0. I don't have
>to mess with that right, that's just as it says, the default?

Actually, that should be set to Composite 0.  You don't want the default
set to an input that's not associated with a video source.

>What ivtv-fb is loaded? Could there be a conflict there? I'm not sending
>anything through the frame buffer, but ivtv-fb is loaded.

If you have a post-install (modules.conf) or an install (modprobe.conf)
that loads ivtv-fb, you can remove it.  It won't make any difference if
you leave it, though.  The PVR-350 output is only used if you specify
"Use PVR-350 TV Output" (or something to that effect) in your options.

Mike