[mythtv-users] Transcoding .nuv files to DivX

Jo Pettitt jo at no-clutter.com
Sat Aug 7 19:44:59 EDT 2004

After finally getting Myth running and recording properly I was still
having problems with transcoding the .nuv files to DivX. Each time I
have tried Nuvexport it seems to fail on pretty much every format I tried.

I installed a demo of Dr Divx 1.05 on Windows and opened the .nuv file
in there. It was able to open it perfectly and convert it to DivX with
seemingly no problems.

Great thing was, that I was able to remove the black border produced on
recording from the tuner. Maybe I can get rid of this with a setting or
maybe it doesn't show up if I use the TV out... Have to wait and see...

Hadn't read about this compatibility before so I thought I'd share.