[mythtv-users] GUI X and Y offsets

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 05:03:23 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 04 Aug 2004 23:04, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Jim Sager wrote:
> > I haven't heard any talk in a while regarding the ability to use the GUI
> > X and Y Offsets without running myth in a window. I believe that the last
> > I heard it was a problem related to QT - correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Okay, your wrong =). It is most likely the placement policy
> of your window manager. The coordinates are suggestion by
> the application of where it wants to be placed but the window
> manager can do whatever it believes it is supposed to. In fact,
> there is even a difference of conventions whether the coordinates
> are for the corner of the decoration or the app inside the window.
>
> I run mythfrontend in a window at x=4 y=560 to be placed in the
> lower right hand corner of my KDE desktop. If I turn off "Run the
> frontend in a window" then restart the frontend, it's again in
> the lower right but with gaps where the frame would have been.

I'm using KDE and have so far failed to get the X & Y offsets working. The
window appears in the top left of the screen no matter what the offset is.
The only thing that worked for me was the suggestion of using an older
version of Qt, and that worked, but it broke so many other programs compiled
against the newer version that I gave up.

--
Ian