[mythtv-users] HDTV & NTSC same backend, 1 source

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Aug 5 23:26:17 EDT 2004

On Thursday 05 August 2004 11:09 pm, Brian Foddy wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> I have a single backend with 4 cards,
> cardid's 1-3 are PVR250s,
> cardid 4 is a pcHDTV.
> I've defined 1 broadcast source grabbing from datadirect.
> The source includes both ntsc and atsc channels.
> I've gone through the database and renumbered the hd channels
> to 100+ the base number, and changed the corresponding
> frequency to the proper hd value, and the tvformat of these
> records is all ATSC; the normal channels are default, being
> NTSC.
>
> Whenever I select a program to record from the hd channels,
> it doesn't use cardid 4, but one of the lower ones.
>
> The only way I've historically been able to get the HD card
> to be used, is if I define a second source and duplicate
> all the channels all over.  But this is very cluttering on the
> program guide.  I've been all over the docs and forum lists,
> but can't find what I'm missing...

It's just doing what you told it to do.  You've told it that the hdtv channels
are available on all inputs.  If different channels are available on
different inputs, each needs their own lineup.  If the callsigns are the same
on the various lineups, they automatically get grouped together in the
program guide, and the scheduler can auto-select which card to use based on
your other preferences.

Isaac