[mythtv-users] HDTV & NTSC same backend, 1 source

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Thu Aug 5 23:09:10 EDT 2004

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I have a single backend with 4 cards,
cardid's 1-3 are PVR250s,
cardid 4 is a pcHDTV.
I've defined 1 broadcast source grabbing from datadirect.
The source includes both ntsc and atsc channels.
I've gone through the database and renumbered the hd channels
to 100+ the base number, and changed the corresponding
frequency to the proper hd value, and the tvformat of these
records is all ATSC; the normal channels are default, being
NTSC.

Whenever I select a program to record from the hd channels,
it doesn't use cardid 4, but one of the lower ones.

The only way I've historically been able to get the HD card
to be used, is if I define a second source and duplicate
all the channels all over.  But this is very cluttering on the
program guide.  I've been all over the docs and forum lists,
but can't find what I'm missing...

Brian