[mythtv-users] Problem with "Jump Ahead" feature - KnoppMyth R4V4

Blammo[doh] blammo at dohboys.com
Wed Aug 4 20:06:34 EDT 2004

Is there any reason my mysql actually needs to be installed or running on a
frontend only?

I would assume the frontend actually works off the DB on the backend right?
Here's what the /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt looks like on the front end:

root at frontend1:/etc/mythtv # more mysql.txt
DBHostName=127.0.0.1
DBUserName=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg

# Set the following if you want to use something other than the
# machine's real hostname for identifying settings in the database.
# This is useful if your hostname changes often, as otherwise
# you'll need to reconfigure mythtv (or futz with the DB) every time.
# TWO HOSTS MUST NOT USE THE SAME VALUE
#
#LocalHostName=my-unique-identifier-goes-here
DBPassword=qzdUIRDz