[mythtv-users] maxnewest | maxepisodes | autoexpire

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Aug 4 08:37:01 EDT 2004

If I remove the autoexpire flag from a recording, shouldn't that prevent
it from being expired, regardless of the expiration mechanism?  When a
recording schedule has maxnewest (`Record new and expire old?' in
MythWeb) set to `1' and the maxepisodes limit is reached for that
schedule, myth currently expires the oldest recording, regardless of the
autoexpire flag.  I expected it to expire the oldest recording *with
autoexpire set*.

Is there a reason for not honoring autoexpire in this case?

Thanks,

Chris