[mythtv-users] GeForce 4 MX 440 - tvout motion

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Tue Aug 3 01:07:39 EDT 2004

Brian Huffman <sheep at graze.net> wrote:

> Will different hardware fix my problem?  This is absolutely ridiculous
> to continue to spend the hours upon hours that I have if I can spend
> another 80 bucks or so and get a different card.  the Verto GeForce FX
> 5200 Video Card, 8x AGP advertises:

     I'm using a US$40 Albatron MX480EL card (Geforce4 MX440, 8X AGP,
64MB, TV-out, *FANLESS*), and I'm very happy with the TV-out:

	http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/vga/specification.asp?pro_id=72

I don't know how it compares to other cards, but I'm happy with the
TV-out quality.  Works very nicely with knoppmyth.  Has an hardware
MPEG-2 decoder, but I have no idea if my knoppmyth setup is taking
advantage of it.

[ There's also no DVI-out, but I don't care about that -- I only use the
  TV-out or analog VGA-out (for setup only).  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com