[mythtv-users] GeForce 4 MX 440 - tvout motion

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Mon Aug 2 23:07:51 EDT 2004

All,

    No options fix the motion issues w/ this card and mythtv.  Using
Fedora Core 2 (w/ kernel 2.6), newest nvidia drivers, setting flicker
filter to 1 and turning on kerneldeint gives me the best quality yet.
However, I still have panning issues....I tried the OpenGL sync and it's
horrible - the audio and video stops and starts every second or so.

Will different hardware fix my problem?  This is absolutely ridiculous
to continue to spend the hours upon hours that I have if I can spend
another 80 bucks or so and get a different card.  the Verto GeForce FX
5200 Video Card, 8x AGP advertises:

* Provides best-of-class TV-out functionality up to 1024x768
resolutions.
* Integrated full hardware MPEG-2 Decoder
* Delivers film-quality effects and studio-quality color

I mean seriously....my time is worth the $99 for this card.  Anyone know
if this will fix the problems?

-b