[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend deadlock at LiveTV (DVB)

Sven Heithecker sven.heithecker at web.de
Mon Aug 2 15:08:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have MythTV with DVB-S running. Sometimes, when I accidentially switched to
a channel which currently is not "on air" or has other problems so that it is
currently not receivable, mythfrontend deadlocks for a time while mythbackend
is trying to get data from the card (I get a lot of messages
"DVB#0 WARNING - No data from card in 1 second" and others). After many
seconds, MythFronted gives up and jumps back to the menu screen - however
when I try to switch back to LiveTV mythtv tries to receive the channel
again, which of course fails, ... The real problem is that I am not able to
change the channel.
Actually, when I sitched to Euro1080 (HDTV) channel, mythfrontend deadlocked
forever. I didnt expect it to work but I would really like to change the
channel again...

Is this a DVB specific problem? IMHO the solution would be simply to display a
message aka "cannot receive channel" message and to keep on reacting on user
inputs. Or os there another solution ?

Regards, Sven

Sven Heithecker     sven.heithecker at web.de
Pestalozzistr 6     Tel 0531-336580