[mythtv-users] mythfilldata base question...

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 08:50:28 EDT 2004

in further trying to fix my previous recording problems.. I might have
come across something..

at the moment I use the following to populate my EPG:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --slow --days 1 --get-categories > ~/sched.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 2 0 ~/sched.xml

and this populates the EPG nicely with all the cateogies and episode and
descriptions filled in.. but it won't record..

however.. if I just run "mythfilldatabase".. the recordings start
working but I lose all the categories and stuff..

the only difference I can see in the database is that using the first
way.. all the chanid begin 20xx.. and the second way they begin 10xx.. I
don't know if that could be causing problems.. but I don't know why the
first way should be any different..

can someone shed light on this?

thanks

Craig