[mythtv-users] audio deleted after recording is finished

Mark Covington markcov at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 30 22:21:42 EDT 2003

I seem to remember an earlier posting about our problem...but I can't
seem to find it in the archives now though.  Perhaps someone else on the
list may remember and help point the way.  It appears that
"WatchingPreRecorded" plays our files without sound, and
"WatchingRecording" plays the files with sound.  I.E. if we are watching
a recording and it finishes recording the sound cuts out immediately as
mythfrontend changes to using "WatchingPreRecorded".  So something must
be different in the two players to cause such a problem.

Secondly (and this is where I remember a similar problem, but not the
solution).  You'll find that if you are recording a program at the same
time, the sound will come in fine on any prerecorded program.  Odd I
know, it doesn't seem that one should have anything to do with the
other.  Oh well, perhaps it will jog the memory of another user and what
they found solved the problem.  Please reply Edward if the symptoms I
added above also apply in your case.

Mark

Edward G Finegan wrote:

>I'm having the same problem and I have the same sound card.
>

>On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 00:29, Mark Covington wrote:
>

>>Currently running CVS, most current as of the timestamp on this email.
>>This happened on the same day that I upgraded about a week or two's
>>worth of CVS updates and started playing with transcoding at the same
>>time....so that's a lot of variables unfortunately.
>>
>>Currently I can:
>> - watch Live TV
>> - watch old recordings
>> - watch new recordings while they are in progress
>>Cannot
>> - watch new recordings as soon as they are finished recording.
>>
>>My default profile is not set to transcode, I only played with
>>transcoding by pressing 'X' within the recording (after I updated to
>>current CVS).  After it was done it had no sound, so I figured I messed
>>up something in the transcoding profiles.  But then nothing had sound
>>after that.
>>
>>Solutions attempted:
>> - installed the 0.11 release, no help, returned back to current CVS.
>> - checked mixer settings (didn't think it was this anyway)
>> - turned off auto commercial skip
>> - set the backend to display all verbose, nothing other than the usual
>>"strange error flushing buffer" stuff.
>>My soundcard (onboard CMI8738 on a Shuttle SS40G) doesn't seem to like
>>playing anything but 32kHz stuff, so it could be that the files are
>>somehow getting marked as another bit rate.
>>
>>any ideas on stuff to check?

Mark Covington
markcov at alumni.rice.edu

My PGP key : EC135CE1 on search.keyserver.net
http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~markcov/markcov.pgp