[mythtv-users] Re:Re:CLE266 support in CVS

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Sep 29 18:24:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 15:26, Jamison Wilde wrote:

Hi Jamison,

> In the general "Is it ready for prime
> time"(literally), I would say a qualified yes.  I have
> seen one instance where the recording started jumping
> and having corruptions(frames out of order, and color
> shifts).  I didn't do a lot of diagnostics.  But the
> show recorded immediately after recorded without a
> problem (postgame of a baseball game), so whatever
> Myth does when starting a recording cleared out ivtv
> or CLE266 (assuming that's the problem). If it happens
> again, I will do some more analysis.

If it's in the recording I guess it's not the CLE
(have you tried watching it with xine on another machine?).

> There are some latency issues when you skip forward,
> that take a second to clear up(audio skips a little
> and video is slightly choppy), but this isn't too
> noticeable unless you've used other PVRs.

Current CVS? I have similar issues without H/W mpeg decoding,
so again I don't think the CLE is to blame.

> The only other annoyance is that when skipping
> forward, there are sometimes audio glitches (loud
> scatches) when the audio resyncs.  This is
> particularly noticeable on SPDIF output.

Also here without H/W mpeg decoding.

> Other than these issues, which are minor, it is ready
> for the living room.

If I reread your mail, I guess it will do just like my
current setup on my main workstation.

What is your setup like?

I intend to do:

-Install RH9 (although I love debian, I will have to go RH because of
the binary drivers, correct?). I will have a second system partition
with debian for testing purposes.

-Install Drivers from viaarena (still have to figure out which one,
haven't read all that is there)

-Get Vexp-Xine from viaarena to work

-Compile MythTV CVS with CLE266 support

-Cross fingers ;-)

Methinks the issue with /dev/video (ivtv) and /dev/video (via) is solved
by giving different minor dev-numbers to the different drivers and
giving via the three devices it wants.

I hope I can give a success message soon, but am afraid I'll have to
bother you all some more.

Torsten