[mythtv-users] Re:Re:CLE266 support in CVS

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 07:26:02 EDT 2003

____
Quote:
Thanks, sounds great. BTW is CPU load decreasing with
decreasing
bitrate? Do you use a Hauppauge PVR? I cant reduce
height to anything
other then 576 (full PAL). Otherwise I'll have a
vibrating scanline on
the top (ivtv issue), known bug, being worked on. But
I guess 480x576 or
360x576 will be fine. I use 4.5 avg, 6 max. Willing to
decrease this
(hey SVCD is only 2700).

I'll keep the list posted on my progress (Have to call
my retailer where
my board and case are)

Torsten
_______

I may get around to testing lower bit rates and seeing
the CPU load this week.  I'll let you know.

Yes, I wouldn't be using the CLE266 support if I
wasn't using a PVR-2/350, as these are the only MPEG2
inputs (generally speaking anyway).

In the general "Is it ready for prime
time"(literally), I would say a qualified yes.  I have
seen one instance where the recording started jumping
and having corruptions(frames out of order, and color
shifts).  I didn't do a lot of diagnostics.  But the
show recorded immediately after recorded without a
problem (postgame of a baseball game), so whatever
Myth does when starting a recording cleared out ivtv
or CLE266 (assuming that's the problem). If it happens
again, I will do some more analysis.

There are some latency issues when you skip forward,
that take a second to clear up(audio skips a little
and video is slightly choppy), but this isn't too
noticeable unless you've used other PVRs.

The only other annoyance is that when skipping
forward, there are sometimes audio glitches (loud
scatches) when the audio resyncs.  This is
particularly noticeable on SPDIF output.

Other than these issues, which are minor, it is ready
for the living room.