[mythtv-users] MythChannels: new version available soon?

Andreas Weder aweder at mac.com
Mon Sep 29 12:08:19 EDT 2003

Hi Kristof,

unfortunately, no, I'm not that far yet: I could not test
MythChannels. I can compile it, I can "make install" it, but
nothing shows up in the mythTV UI.

But from the channel list given by my cable provider:

http://www.cablecom.ch/tvradio/sendertabelle.htm?asc=1&type=plz&keyword=8046

I can see what problem you're describing.

I wonder: shouldn't there be a way to assign a "program number"
to each channel number, a way to assign a number for use with the
remote ctrl for each channel? I didn't have a look at the DB yet,
so I don't know, but I'd expect something like this.

I'm still hesitating digging into the code, since I basically just
wanted to "build, install & go" a mythTV box.

Andreas