[mythtv-users] Compile error

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Sep 29 08:28:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 00:00, Murph Crusher wrote:
> This is the tip I needed. Now I can compile the application.
>
> I read the README like I always do. Normally I have no problems compiling
> things. But I had no experiences with qmake, so I didn't know how to handle it.
> and there was no hint about it in the readme. And as I thought it had
> nothing to do with qt!

Well, qmake IS QT related :-)

In the README it definitely says:

See the mythtv-HOWTO.html or mythtv-HOWTO.txt file in the docs/
subdirectory or on http://www.mythtv.org/docs/ for in-depth instructions
on installing and compiling mythtv and all of the pre-requisites.

Hint: You still should read the docs, so you'll know what XXX is :-)

Torsten