[mythtv-users] pvr250 dct2000 and modular serial port

Gary Balliet geekofalltrades at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 27 18:00:37 EDT 2003

So - life is good - an incredible piece of software and I've managed to
get it running more or less stable (pvr250 and bttv tv-wonder) nforce 2
board 2.21 patched kernel and bttv 9.11)(won't go into bttv issues right
now - doesn't burble that often anyhew). But I would love to be able to
control my dct 2000. Lonny has had some success - so has Ian. I'm really
curious as to whether Harondel has? As per Jarod's instructions I have
made my serial ports modular but now I am at a loss. Have googled my way
into verifiying that I have a serial port - as below, but do I need to
do something a bit more enlightened than modprobe serial to allow my
onboard serial port to work?
My results so far.

setserial /dev/ttyS1 -v autoconfig

/dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3

So i believe I have a serial port and that it is enabled. Would love to
know if this is related to the lirc port ie does lirc grab /dev/ttyS1 re
the pvr250?  Anyone know if this is just /dev/lirc?  To finish my
ramblings changechannel.sh gives the infamous

[mythtv at linuxbox mythtv]# ./changechannel.sh 23
changing channel to  023
chancode is
Recvd:

Recvd:

Recvd:

Yes Harondel - I have 7.44 same as you. I also work for Shaw and I still
can't get them to install anything newer.

So any successes with this software of am I stuck having to run 2 lirc's
and an irblaster?

./gary