[mythtv-users] transcoding to playback on windows

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Sep 23 22:15:32 EDT 2003

On 23 Sep 2003 at 23:19, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> No.  Well, it depends on which version of Myth and MPlayer/mencoder you're
> using, but with current Myth CVS you cannot use mencoder to transcode Myth
> .nuv files, as the Myth .nuv format has changed and there is no
> mplayer/mencoder patch for it.

Currently running mythtv 0.11 and mplayer/mencoder 1.0pre1

> Currently (again, this is with CVS Myth) the only way I know of to transcode
Sigh, I am not capable technically of dealling with the cvs issues, so havn't
touched it. Guess I'll have to wait for 0.12 then.

> to a Windows-playable format is nuvexport.  This is a perl script that uses
> ffmpeg and mjpegtools together with mythtranscode's new ability to output raw

Seeing some posts today, I downloaded it, I assume it won't work with my
current setup based on your previous comments?

> audio & video streams.  It supports transcoding to DivX (.avi), WMV, SVCD
> (MPEG-2) and VCD (MPEG-1).  It will also process any cutlists you've set up,
> so you can cut the commercials out, then transcode to an archival
> Windows-playable format.

Can I transcode to avi, as I'd prefer to do the editing on my windows box.

> Check out myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in the contrib directory of the mythtv
> source.

Found that shortly after posting, going to try it now.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting