[mythtv-users] blank recordings and tv alignment problem

Tony Buser gr0k at juju.org
Wed Sep 24 00:45:50 EDT 2003

I just setup MythTV on my Mandrake 9.1, with a PVR-250... I *think* I
have all the requirements _finally_ installed and configured.  I can
watch live tv, change channels, the epg works, I can pause, timeshift
live tv, etc however, whenever I try to record something, all I get is a
black screen and no audio.  It creates the .nuv file which is just 100s
of megs of a blank screen.  I've checked everything I can think of and
researched as best I could but no one else seems to have had this
problem?  The mythbackend log shows for instance:

2003-09-23 09:00:05 Started recording "Babylon 5" on channel: 2063 on
cardid: 2, sourceid 2

If I'm watching tv when its time to record something thats scheduled,
the box pops up and says it needs to change channels to record and when
it does, the screen just goes blank.  I am a little confused as to why
it says cardid: 2 since I only have one capture card.  Can anyone give
me some ideas on what I can do to try and figure out why this is happening?

Another more minor problem I have that I'm hoping someone can help me
with is aligning the picture on the tv.  I have a geforce4 MX 440 using
the svideo out port.  I have X using twinview cloneing the desktop at
800x600 and it looks fine on the monitor but on the tv the picture is
slightly off.  There's a slight black border on the bottom and left
sides of the screen.  I tried playing with the overscan settings in Myth
but I can only get it to move to the right and up and not to the left
and down if that makes sense.  I tried using nvtv but for some reason
half the controls don't seem to do anything. :(  I just can't seem to
figure out what settings I need to tweak.  Here's what I have in my
XF86Config-4:

Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"