[mythtv-users] Mythbackend db connect problem

James Boike jboike at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 00:34:09 EDT 2003

I run Mandrake 9.1, mysql 4.0.11a, Myth 0.11 with a PVR-250, and get a
error message a bit different from what I've seen on the list when I try
to watch live tv:

Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
(2)
couldn't open db

If it helps diagnose the problem, mythbackend apparently starts on boot
but always fails to stop on shutdown. Mythfrontend disappears as soon as
I select "Watch Live TV." IVTV driver works as does MythWeather, -Music,
-Images. I installed/updated all components from rpm.

Surely I'm making an obvious mistake that my untrained eyes don't catch.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jamey