[mythtv-users] Re: TV-Out: AITech Scan Converter vs CX2587x

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 23 20:27:21 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 18:27 US/Pacific, Fred wrote:

> I can't figure out how to get an interlaced mode out of my nVidia card
> so I can't speak to how well the Ultimate XP Pro handles that.

 From what I understand, you can't do interlaced modes with many nVidia
cards. I ran into that problem with my card, trying to get 1920x1080i
for my HDTV. I had to settle on 960x540p (which still looks pretty
damned good, and worlds better than when I was using S-Video). I've
been meaning to try out my Radeon 9000 Pro though, because supposedly,
the Radeon's support interlaced modes much better. Not sure about my
system's onboard ProSavage8 (haven't ever used it under Linux)...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...