[mythtv-users] xScanDisplacement

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 23 09:28:53 EDT 2003

Replying to my own post, in case anyone searches the archives for this:

I found joy by switching the Matrox G400 to 800x600 mode;
I don't know why, but this works, and seems to eliminate the
black border on the right almost completely.

Here is the output of the fbset -i I am using, which seems to work nicely
for me.  I derived these values by no intelligence or rocket science
on my part, so please take them with a large grain of salt:

mode "800x600-61"
     # D: 37.154 MHz, H: 43.002 kHz, V: 60.996 Hz
     geometry 800 600 800 600 16
     timings 26915 34 0 75 30 30 0
     hsync high
     rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

I did adjust the pixclock such that the V freq was near 60; I
thought that might be necessary to make a fbset -x suitable for
insertion in my XFConfig file (so I wouldn't have to call fbset
directly).  I got nowhere with that, and persuaded myself that
I really don't understand what's going on.  I suspect that the
Matrox TV-Out circuitry is doing enough magic that the rational
monitor howtos don't seem to apply...

Cheers,

Jeremy