[mythtv-users] multiple tv_grab_au config files

Robert Stanford rob at rotapile.com
Tue Sep 23 22:33:07 EDT 2003

We are in a fringe area and enjoy channels both from the north west and
south of here. tv_grab_au first asks for your area then shows the
channels available. Of cource having channels available from 3 areas is
a bonus, so I've tried running tv_grab_au in a script as follows with
mythfilldatabase

------------cut-----------------
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/antenna1.xmltv
--output /tmp/antenna1.xml
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/antenna2.xmltv
--output /tmp/antenna2.xml
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/antenna3.xmltv
--output /tmp/antenna3.xml
/usr/bin/tv_cat --output /tmp/antenna.xml /tmp/antenna1.xml
/tmp/antenna2.xml /tmp/antenna3.xml
/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --file /dev/video 7 /tmp/antenna.xml

My question is, am I doing this right or is there another way to connect
multiple channel sources to a single input on a card ?
The method I am doing fills the tv guide appropriately as i can see from
mythweb, however i can't change to all of the channels, only those which
i had previously set up in the setup program and a single tv_grab_au.

--
Robert Stanford <rob at rotapile.com>