[mythtv-users] Re:Suggestion for a feature

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Sep 22 22:09:39 EDT 2003

> Not sure that you've used an Explorer, but they are IR
> only.
There's one plugged into the s-video in on my pvr-250 right now.
I wasn't sure if you had found some arcane way of using the data port, USB,
or Ethernet to control it. I was interested if such a thing existed, I use
a redrat.

> I've gone through 4 explorers, 6 technicians, a
> complete rewire, and a 'hub boost'.  Check out the
> ReplayTV forum at AVSForum, search for explorer...I'm
> not alone.

I guess I'm really lucky,  sorry about your problems.
I have had mine lock up a couple times (usually takes about three months
between reboots) But not power off. Is it your guess that your provider is
powering the box off?

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
                                                               -Jack Handy