[mythtv-users] MythTranscode/Commercial Cutlist/Manual Cutlist/etc

Garett Harnish garett at chaos.za.org
Fri Sep 19 16:53:06 EDT 2003

Okay, I'm a little confused and my wanderings through the archives are
not helping too much.  Does MythTranscode honour cutlist or do I have to
use MythMkMovie for that?  Also someone mentioned in one of their
e-mails one could copy the auto-commercial skip list by using the
playback option and pressing 'Z'.  Then one could review to see if the
cutlist is accurate ... but how does one do that?  Also another person
said to setup manual cutpoints press 'X', which when I attempted that
froze Myth complete and the console spewed onward about transcoding
failure None-to-None. or something to that effect.

So I guess the real questions are if I'm using a PVR-250 and am
recording a hour show that is eating up a swackload of hard drive space
(~3,793,980,956 bytes), how do I:

a) create a commercial cutlist automatically or manually and how do I
review said cutlist to ensure it is correct?

b) remove the commercials in Myth without re-encoding the whole file
(somewhere it was mentioned that it only encodes the frame which the cut
was made, leaving the rest intact thus keeping the quality and reducing
encoding time and load ... this is preferred).  Also is there a way to
make this low-priority?

c) envoke something like mencoder to convert the de-commercialized
mpeg-2 file to XviD/lamemp3 avi at a low priority level so it doesn't
mess up  recordings or live-tv viewing.

d) automate steps b & c from within myth (if possible) or from cron if not.

Thanks in advance.

--
Garett