[mythtv-users] Making fbset changes permanent

Jason White axtools at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:25:13 EDT 2003

Joe,

I've *finally* gotten my TVout working tonight.  I have one hitch before
I can check it off, though.  I can only use the "matrox" utility if I'm
logged on as root.  I'd like the machine to be able to boot and run this
automatically once X starts with my default mythtv logon.  Do you have
this problem?

I tried doing a chmod 666 on the /dev/mem device that it was complaining
about not having permissions for.  I now get a different error message
when I run the utility ("Open /dev/mem:  Operation not permitted").

If I log in as root it works perfectly.

Any clues?
Jason

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=5836;search