[mythtv-users] Re: TV Wonder + PVR-250 - I know you're out there...

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 12 20:20:49 EDT 2003

For posterities sake, I, I have had to modify my modules.conf
incantation from what was mentioned in my previous post.  I recently
started having occasional slowdowns of the frontend, which I eventually
tracked down to btaudio.  Occasionally, /dev/dsp1 was not getting
grabbed before btaudio loaded, in which case btaudio grabbed /dev/dsp1
instead of /dev/dsp2.  Then, the ivtv card would also contend for that
device, resulting in slow playback and/or live tv with the ivtv card,
and no sound with the bttv card.

This was fixed with some additional modules.conf incantation, as found
in the archive of this mailing list.  Specifically, by adding the
following additional options to the btaudio options statment in
modules.conf:

     options btaudio dsp1=2 dsp2=3 mixer=2 analog=0 debug=2

You don't need the analog=0 and debug=2 statements if you don't want
them.  Actually, it doesn't make sense to specify dsp2=3 and then turn
around and specify analog=0.  I just left it there to remind me that the
option exists.

Bill